Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Thing #7a

As I was looking through my Google reader I found some interesting updates. I subscribed to a daily devotional, so I found many encouraging verses that have helped me this week. I am also subscribed to Literacy Is Priceless. I looked at one of the new post and Anna, the creator, is presenting at the National Education Computing Conference. She posted her slide show for the presentation on her blog. As I was reading through her presentation I came across a website that she had listed. The website was Free Reading.. This site is a reading intervention for grades K-3. I took a while and looked over the website. I am amazed at what this program has to offer. It has intervention lesson for 40 weeks. The lessons are already created so the teacher does not have to prepare much. I found this to be a struggle this past year. I was planning literacy lessons each day plus acceleration and tutoring lessons. I feel like this could be a great resource for teachers of K-3. There are graphic organizers to reintroduce stories to students and more lesson to help the student grasp the concept. I also had a hard time finding another way to teach a student who did not understand the instruction the first time. I am going to share this website with my team next year and hopefully this will be successful for my students in Acceleration. I probably would have never read this article if I had not used Google Reader.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you are finding things that are useful to you!

    ReplyDelete