Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thing #22

Social Networking

I have a Facebook and a Myspace acount (I do not use myspace anymore). I decided to create a new professional Facebook account using my middle and last name. I added one of my favorite authors on Facebook Jarrett J. Krosoczka. I am awaiting confrimation of my friend request. I also looked up other authors but many of them did not have a facebook.

I am going to now add my team members on my "professional" facebook account. I am also going to add other first grade teachers I know. This will be a way we can communicate with each other and share ideas. My principal also is in 23 Things so I will add her. I like that you are able to add website on facebook. I will be able to see other peoples favorite websites or blogs all on their facebook page.

I enjoy using facebook more than myspace. It is just a personal preference. Myspace has more people on their social networking site but many of those are fake sites. For example if you type in Tony Romo, over 10 pages pull up claiming to be him. He probably doesn't even have a myspace but you need to be careful because anyone can create a myspace page.

1 comment: