Monday, July 13, 2009

Thing #17

Podcasting

The first podcast I previewed was Jamestown Elementary School. I loved this site and how the whole school came together and created podcast to put on their website. I think this would be awesome for students in MISD. If each school had podcast available on their websites students could learn from other students right around the corner. This would be a great way to see what students at other schools around MISD are learning. I also listened to several book reviews on Just One More Book. I feel like this could be very beneficial for teachers. We could go and listen to the review of the book and get other ideas about the book. This could be a model for students in your class too. They could listen to several of the reviews and create their own. This would be a good final product for students after doing a book study.

While I was looking on the internet I found a website for a first grade class that I would like to model my class after. This teacher has put podcast on her class website so anyone can view them. These podcast are things the students are learning in the class. It would be a great tool for when parents ask their students what they did in class today. They could go to the class website and pull up podcast to show their parents. I think parents would be very impressed at how much students could use technology in the classroom. I hope to create a website and use podcasting in the up coming school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment