Thursday, July 16, 2009

One Last Thing:

I FINISHED! It has been a journey going through 23 Things. When I started Thing #1 I was not sure if I was going to finish. I selfishly did not want to send my summer taking a staff development online. Looking back I would have missed out on learning how to use so many tools I never knew about. I think knowing about all that the internet has to offer will benefit my future students. I cannot wait (well maybe I can) but I am excited for school to start and to try some of the "things" in my class.

My favorite thing I did was Thing 10, creating a slideshow using New York pictures. The reason I liked this so much was getting to go and look at pictures of NY. Why? Because learning is more fun when you learn about something you like. This is so true for our students too. I want to continue to search the internet and find more tools that will be helpful. This class has shown me how technology is changing so quickly so as a life long learner I need to continue learning. I think the thing that is going to be most helpful this upcoming year is LibraryThing. I am going to start putting my books in LibraryThing as soon as I get back into the classroom.

I have to admit this class was a lot of work and I struggled to finish. I think it is something that all educators should take because there are so many rich elements in 23 Things. Our students know technology so well, so we should also know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment