Monday, June 29, 2009

Thing #8

Creative Commons

I love creating technology in my classroom from Powerpoint slideshows to using Activstudio to create flip charts for my Promethean Board. I have taken pictures off of google images many times and placed them in my slideshows or flip charts. I have posted some of my flip charts I have created on Promethean Planet. I do not recall any of the flip charts I posted having copyrighted images. I usually use pictures from Activstudio.

With more website using creative commons, it will be easier for teachers to create lesson, flip charts or slideshow and share them with other on the internet. Students will also be able to create work and show it on the internet with creative copyright rules. I think this will open up a whole new way of learning for students. A down side might be people taking your work and placing their name on it.

Are there any lessons you have placed on the internet before?

3 comments:

  1. A teacher who uses copyrighted images in a presentation that is for her students alone, will most likely be under the fair use exemption of copyright. The problem comes when that teachers wants to upload her presentation to the web. Now she is no longer under fair use because her presentation has a much wider potential audience. This is why it is so important for teachers to know about Creative Commons and only use images with Creative Commons licensing in their presentations and flip charts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to remove the last comment because I had a typo. I need to figure out a way to change or edit it without deleting it. Is there a way? Anyway, my comment was: Congrats on being a new aunt! You won't have to worry about pictures of Micah Ryan being copyrighted!!

    ReplyDelete