Monday, June 29, 2009

Thing #7

Creating Community Through Commenting

I have really enjoyed commenting on other people’s blogs and receiving comments on my own blog. I was dreading writing comments but I realized after reading a blog I always have a comment or an opinion.

It is important to give and receive comments on blogs. One reason is to encourage other people who blog. I have discovered 23 things has taken up a lot of my time. It is encouraging to get a comment on my blog about some of the things I have written. I am going to try some techniques to receive more comments on my blog. I really enjoyed reading 10 Techniques to Get More Comments on Your Blog. One technique suggests being controversial. I don’t think I will be able to do that because I am not a controversial person at all. I will try the others and see if the techniques lead to more comments.

What is the hardest thing for you when commenting on other people’s blogs?

3 comments:

  1. Way to get right in there and practice the 10 things to get more comments....by asking a question! You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a tendancy to hold back and not want to share my personal thoughts for fear of hurting another one's feelings. However, that is the great thing about networking is to share and collaborate with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job of asking a question to elicit comments on your post!

    I often think, like others have said, that what I have to say may not have any value for others who are reading the blog. It can also be a little intimidating to post your opinions and know that others may disagree with you!

    ReplyDelete